Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission (as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases), at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link.
“I’m sorry I ruined your lives and crammed 11 cookies into the VCR.” – Elf
Happy post-Thanksgiving/pre-Christmas aka my favorite time of the year! The tree is up, the house decorated, and Hallmark movies are playing on the tv. I love creating these seasonal lists of things to do. It allows me to stay present in the season and maximize all the holiday cheer. Here’s the 20 things I want to do this season:
1. Get festive drinks at HIDE for their Miracle Christmas Popup Bar.
2. Get a hot beverage at Deck the Hall Street, Fiction Coffee’s Christmas popup coffee shop!
3. Go to a basketball game.
4. Re-watch my favorite Christmas movies (Love Actually, The Holiday, It’s A Wonderful Life, Best Man Holiday, The Family Stone, Elf, Home Alone, The Chronicles of Narnia, Grand Budapest Hotel, The Polar Express).
5. Take the dogs (and some hot drinks) to the Deerfield neighborhood to check out the amazing Christmas lights.
6. Go to a Christmas themed Dallas Symphony performance (we’re going to A John Williams Christmas!).
7. Watch the Nutcracker ballet.
8. Decorate a gingerbread house.
9. Send out Christmas cards.
10. Bake a Christmas cake.
11. Decorate Christmas cookies.
12. Take pictures of the dogs in their Christmas bandanas.
13. Check out Vitruvian Lights in Addison.
14. Find family Christmas jammies (my current favorite!).
15. Find the perfect yearly ornament for the tree.
16. Make a hot cocoa bar and drink excessive quantities of it.
17. Binge watch season 2 of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.
18. Listen to my favorite Spotify Christmas playlists as much as possible all month long.
19. Donate any Christmas ornaments/decor that went unused this year.
20. Go to our city’s tree lighting ceremony.